Thursday, April 22

Sweet sweet shoes

Ok, finally a post about shoes.

I once had a problem, it almost needed an intervention.  I am addicted to shoes, I love them, I would kill for them.  Being a big girl means clothing styles can be limitted, but I can always dress an outfit up with shoes.

A while back, however, I decided that far too much money was being spent on this addiction hobby.  So I decided that I would make what I had in my closet work, and haven't purchased much in the last year, choosing instead to re-tip old shoes. 

I have fallen off the wagon.  5 words: Army and Navy shoe sale.

I was lucky enough to have a meeting downtown this morning, a mere couple of blocks from the A & N.  I thought, "What could be the harm just taking a little look?"  The first day was yesterday, so the crazy women had already gone through the store like well made up Tasmanian Devils.  And with free parking, I knew as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I had made the right decision.  Time to shop.

With much restraint and thinking pragmatically, I only left there with 5 new pairs of shoes.  Only 5.  I hear you chuckling, it is ok, it is my addiction and I have come to terms with that.

I decided that I needed some new shoes for work, as my current ones are on their last breaths, and nothing is worse than wearing beat up, worn out shoes when out meeting with volunteers and donors, or anyone for that matter.  So with my basket in hand, I grabbed 10 pairs on the shelf and started trying them on.

The first pair to come home with me were these.  While they look a little basic, the heel juts out and has a very interesting look on.  And they are super stable, and as I am uber clumsy, stable is a good thing.


The second pair to find a new home, are these suede beauties.  The heel is shiny and a little hard looking, while the purple suede is soft and girly.
These are the ones I am most excited to wear.  What you cannot see in the photo is that there is a peep toe.  And the leather is so soft. Mmmmm soft.



The other 2 are basic.  No pictures needed.

But I think you should be proud of me.  In fact, really, I deserve a friggin' medal.  I showed restraint and a sense of level headedness that even impressed myself.  I went with the pragmatic, functional route and purchased only those that fit and that I would wear for work.  And since I am in heels everyday, these were sound choices.  I did some research online and it looks like I got about $600 worth of shoes for about $150 before tax.  Not bad I say.

But since I am off the wagon, I may as well stay off.  I will go back this weekend to find some totally crazy shoe(s) that I may only wear once.  I love them.  I will kill for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment