Friday, April 9

Self Discipline

I have none. End of post.

Not really.

The latest manifestation of my lack of discipline is sleep. I have turned into a 10 year old that doesn't want to go to bed when it is her proper bed time even though her eyelids can barely stay open and she is only semi-conscious.

I am a rational and intelligent woman; I know that staying up until 1am will kick my ass six different ways the next day. And I don't have a good reason for being up. I read (books, blogs), I might play a mind numbing game on the computer, or sit zombie-like in front of the TV. I am never doing anything really constructive with my time, no hobbies or chores.

I think I need an intervention.

And the crazy thing? I love sleep more than almost anything, and yet I still can't get my butt to bed at a decent time. And when I finally get to bed, I lie awake because I have mucked up what once was a "normal" sleep pattern.

There is no help for me.

Does anyone else stay up for no apparent reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment