Sunday, March 14

Dinner with love

I get to see my father and step-mother about 3 or 4 times a year. They work outside the country, working on contracts 6 months at a time. And while they were home we scored a dinner with them, and I so treasure that time!

They are home for a quick stop before heading to their vacation home in Hawaii (ahh the life they lead, I am jealous). They came over for dinner and I can't help but wish they were around so much more.

I am generally the black sheep of my family. Except with them. I like feeling normal, I won't lie. And with them, I do.

Tonight we had a great meal with good wine - they are amateur foodies like us. I was glad to be able to cook for them (and have them appreciate what went into said meal and appreciate the wine) and laugh and tell stories. I know it will be another 3 or 4 months before we can do that again.

I even got to vent about being the black sheep and share the strange family stories they missed out on while they were gone.

My dad makes me feel normal. I am not the crazy one, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment